Library History

1915 – The first location of the Black River Free Library is opened on Leray Street

1921 – The library moves to its second location on South Main Street

1976 – The library moves to its third location on Public Square

2006 – Construction starts on current building at 101 Public Works Drive, next to Maple Street Park

2007 – The name of library is officially changed to “Sally Ploof Hunter Memorial Library”

2011 – The library adds an addition to the building to house the new Children’s Room

2021 – The new Children’s Room construction is completed.  The existing Children’s Room is renovated to become the “Sandra L. Lamb Community Room”